- Unlocking Digital Public Infrastructure for Global Growth and Inclusion
- Date: Thursday, October 12, 2023, 4:00 PM
- Hosts: Yale Economic Growth Center (EGC), Inclusion Economics at Yale University, the Yale Jackson School of Global Affairs, the South Asian Studies Council at Yale MacMillan Center
- Location: Luce Hall, 34 Hillhouse Avenue, Yale University
Digital public infrastructure is quietly transforming the world, accelerating economic development and transforming economies. Can it also include the excluded, who face challenges in digital access? And is India’s transformative model of digital inclusion possible for low-income countries globally? This conversation about the promise and challenges in scaling digital public infrastructure, featured Dr. Pramod Varma, a pioneer of digital public infrastructure in India and beyond.
Dr. Varma is the Chief Architect of Aadhaar & India Stack, CTO of EkStep Foundation, Co-Chair of CDPI.dev, Co-Founder of FIDE.org, and Architect of sunbird.org and becknprotocol.io. He is currently working on building population-scale Digital Public Infrastructures.
The event featured a talk by Dr. Varma, followed by a panel discussion and a Q&A with the audience. Panelists included:
- Rohini Pande, Henry J. Heinz II Professor of Economics and Director of the Economic Growth Center
- Duvvuri Subbarao, Senior Fellow at the Jackson School of Global Affairs and former Governor of the Reserve Bank of India
- Alix Zwane, Senior Fellow at the Jackson School of Global Affairs and CEO of the Global Innovation Fund